This position is responsible for navigating projects from the contracted scope through the engineering and submittal drafting process until completed and approved drawings are received from the contractor and architect. The Submittal Engineer will work closely with Project Managers while managing drafting resources to complete submittal drawings with an emphasis on accuracy for constructability and consideration for schedule and field constraints specific to the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and accurately interpret architectural and interior design drawings.
- Review and understand contracted scope of work.
- Utilize existing documented construction details where possible to meet design intent of contracted scope items.
- Produce custom construction details where needed to meet design intent of contracted scope items.
- Follow and execute responsibilities to documented standards and processes.
- Collaborate with team members to accurately complete engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to Engineering Manager and Project Managers to resolve project challenges and deadlines to the satisfaction of the client.
- 3+ years using AutoCAD in the architectural millwork field.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledgeable in architectural millwork and casework production methods and fabrication techniques.
- Experienced with CNC manufacturing.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits offered including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as 401(k) with company match.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.